In Odisha, Seven elephants got electrocuted
On October 27, Seven elephants were electrocuted after coming into contact with a live wire near Kamalanga village in Dhenkanal district, forest officials said.
A group of 13 jumbos crossed the village of Sadar Forest Range and seven of them made contact with an 11-kV line, said Jitendranath Das, deputy conservator of Forest. He said that Villagers who informed the forest officials saw the carcasses of seven elephants, including one defender and five females. The accident apparently occurred because of the collapse of the wire